View Single Post
Old
07-17-2012, 01:56 AM
Rangers4Life74

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by GWOW View Post
Better than being an annual doormat and not making the playoffs at all.

2002-2010

30-52
37-45
39-43
33-49
23-59
33-49
23-59
32-50
29-53

If the current Knicks are an embarrassment, then what were the Knicks in the Chaney/Brown/Dantoni years?
just as much of an embarrasment.making the playoffs the past 2 seasons doesnt equal success when you have to slide in at the end of the season with a supposedly super talented team.only to get bounced out without much of a fight
The Knicks were 18-6 under Woodson. The whole world noticed how different the Knicks played under him. Look at the wins they had last year. If the Knicks weren't blowing out teams, they were grinding out tough defensive battles against good team, even on the road.
its Mike Woodson.he had more talented teams with the Hawks and never got past the 1st round.this isnt Phil Jackson
They replaced:

Jefferies
Fields
Lin
Douglas
Bibby
Davis
Harrelson

with:

Camby
Kidd
Thomas
Felton
Prigioni
White

And you consider that a big enough improvement to have this team fighting for the division?you're off your rocker
Camby is 37 years old and the reason he only played 23 minutes a game is because hes so injury prone and fragile
Kidd:what is he,39 now?he was brought here for the main reason to mentor Lin.if hes not brought back,whats he going to mentor Felton on?How to say no to a twinkie?
Kurt Thomas:enough said
Ray Felton:does not work well in a halfcourt hand the ball to mr spotlight offense.hes shown that his whole career.
Prigioni:35 but compared to Kidd Camby and Thomas,hes a young 35.thats sad.
White:a guy whos bounced around from i cant recall how many different NBA teams along with overseas teams.

yeah,big improvement.i can easily see this team fighting for the division when Melo and STAT still havent shown they can work together.but i guess since we now got this awesome experienced bench,they will covr for the starters when they struggle.

I mean, wake up. The Knicks with a full offseason, a full camp and the new roster will be competing for the division and the 3rd seed.

We've been hearing the same thing for years now.with a full training camp...im tired of the wait until's.its once again a roster full of different spare parts led by 2 superstars who cannot play well together.
you need to wake up

Camby is a former Defensive Player of the Year, was 17th in blocks last year (1.44) and 15th in rebounding (9.0) despite playing only 23 minutes per game.

and hes also big time injury prone at this point of his career and hes not going to get many minute at all in place of Chandler and Stat.unless,of course,Stat decides to beat up another fire extinguisher.hard to block shots and rebound when you will be on the bench for 30 minutes a night

Kidd is who is is -- a old but very smart point guard who doesnt turn the ball over

Yipee,we get a shell of his former self declining fast former all star as our backup.i've got goosebumps

its shaping up to be 1 long year.

Last edited by Rangers4Life74: 07-17-2012 at 02:03 AM.