Thread: Trade Weber?
View Single Post
Old
07-17-2012, 02:40 AM
Iron Duke

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by flyersfan9180 View Post
I was just using the Pronger deal has a framework. Anaheim gave up a top line winger, and Voracek fits that mold. Coburn is better than Smid. We would give up more draft picks also. I know it doesn't seem like much, but the Flyers management has been adamant about trading either Schenn/Couts.

I also though the Preds were alright down the middle. Legwand, Fisher, and Guastad. They seem to lack top 6 wingers. Not saying that would be the best deal available or even made available by the Flyers, I just think Weber will get 5 solid pieces back, not franchise worthy though. Just like every other huge trade that has happened in the past.
I think this is a pretty fair assessment. At this point, I think we're setting ourselves up for a lot of disappointment with some of the names and packages we think we're getting back (and freaking Eklund isn't helping by spouting that ridiculous crap). It wouldn't shock me to see a Schenn/Couts/'Big 4' caliber player coming back as part of the package, but I'm really not expecting it. It's natural to want a potential franchise player in return for dealing your established one, but it rarely seems to work that way.

Iron Duke is offline   Reply With Quote