2012-13 is a transition year. Bergevin is focusing on 2013-14.
View Single Post
07-17-2012, 07:06 AM
Join Date: Nov 2007
I might be one of the only few but even with the roster we have right now I think our team won't struggle like many suggest and won't be surprised if we make the playoffs.
- Our top 6 wingers right now are better than what we had when we made the playoffs the last two years, we have 2 guys who scored 30 goals last year and Gionta & Bourque both were close to 30 goals the two seasons before last year
- If Markov stays healthy our D will be a hell of a lot better, young guys like Subban, Diaz and Emelin will also likely continue to improve from last year
- Our bottom six is significantly improved and guys like Moen and Prust will help reduce Plekanec's penalty kill minutes
- New coaches and Markov back will likely improve our PP
- We have one of the best goalies in the world who kept us in most of our games last year
Not saying we have a great team or anything but I see us being closer to a playoff team than a lottery team.
View Public Profile
Find More Posts by YMCMBeaulieu