Thread: Speculation: CBA Negotiations
View Single Post
Old
07-17-2012, 08:57 AM
FreshPerspective
We don't need one!

vCash: 500
Lockout Looming?

This is a scathing commentary by Haggerty....not my favorite writer especially when he rips the Flyers but this one is pretty appropriate considering the NHL's initial proposal which is just brutal...

If they go into lockout until Dec or Jan I think I will go batty.....need my Flyers fix pronto.

Quote:
Well, so much for a summer of cordial labor negotiations between NHL Commissioner Gary Bettman and NHLPA Executive Director Donald Fehr.

Sources within the NHLPA confirmed to CSNNE.com over the weekend that the laughable first offer submitted by the NHL last week was indeed not a rumor.

Here is the Greatest Hits package from the offer that left players scratching their heads:

• The players would take an 11 percent cut from 57 percent of the revenue share to 46 percent. And they could take a cut of well over 20 percent as both sides haggle over what actually constitutes Hockey Related Revenue (HRR) in the next collective bargaining agreement.

• The Salary Cap next season would be $52.516 million under the NHL's proposal – or more than $10 million less than it was during the 2011-12 NHL season. The cap ceiling would be just $4 million over the midpoint for each team. (According to capgeek.com 19 NHL teams are already over the proposed cap ceiling and the league is already $130 million in guaranteed money over the allowable salary for next season. The salary cap floor would remain $8 million under the midpoint total for each team.)

Continue