View Single Post
Old
07-17-2012, 11:49 AM
Rangers4Life74

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by GWOW View Post
Who ever said the Knicks were "super talented" last year? They improved from 42-40 to 36-30. They improved from 28th in the NBA in defense to 11th in the NBA in defense.

Were you expecting a championship last season?

They were beset by injuries all season and still came to within three games of the 3rd seed. The previous season they were 14 games from the 3rd seed.

I don't know what to tell you except to temper your expectations. If you want to ignore the progress they made just for the sake of being angry and pissed off, then be my guest.

Wrong. He did make it to the 2nd round twice in his last three years in Atlanta. And unlike Jackson, Woodson has proven he can take a losing team from the ground up and turn them in a 50-game winner. That would be a tremendous accomplishment for the franchise, who haven't won 50 games since 2000.

See above. They finished three games out last season despite significant injuries. The division is a toss up.

I never said "big improvement". But it is an improvement. Deny it all you want but the Knicks are a deeper team this year.

That's what a bench does. It worked well for the Knicks under Woodson.

You've been hearing that for years? What years? I was referring to the short camp because of the strike. In what country do NBA teams consistently lack long training camps?

Like I said, I don't have high expectations, but my expectations after 2010 were slighter higher for 2011, and after 2012, my expectations are slightly higher for 2013.
I look at the Knicks as a work in progress. Unlike the previous 10 years, there has been progress.

He's a backup, and a good one. Chandler was playing almost 40 mins a game late in the season. Even if he plays 15 mins a game, it keeps Chandler fresh and doesnt hurt you defensively.

He's a backup, and a very good one.

Felton/Kidd combined 2012 assists to turnovers 12.0 / 4.7

Lin / Davis combined 2012 assists to turnovers 10.9 / 6.2

That's an improvement.
ladies and gentleman,the true definition of a fan boy

probably a big Melo apologist too

if you choose to see everything through rose colored glasses,more power to you.
you keep living in fantasy land,ill live in the real world