Thread: Movies: Man of Steel
View Single Post
Old
07-17-2012, 12:35 PM
The Beyonder

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by GarbageGoal View Post
I'm wondering what the average age is of the people here who don't care for Superman.

I liked him as a kid....the first two films were huge. I saw "Returns" and didn't like how it basically went back to the same Luthor plot from the first film.

I'm 36, but I'm guessing there was a point when Superman became too boring for some generation. I'd really like to see a film where Superman is still the Boy Scout, but everyone else is cynical about him and his motives.
If they start using compelling villians and stories than it'll never be boring. Lex Luthor is compelling but having him as the main villain in almost every movie becomes redundant. If they have a trilogy with General Zod, Darkseid, and maybe Doomsday I don't think it would bore people.

And I don't know why some people just don't appreciate heroes being heroes these days. I think it's mainly because of the dark knight, not every character is a dark or an anti-hero character. I think the avengers proved that you can have heroes be just heroes and still have a great movie that people will want to watch. I don't want Superman to become dark and broody, and I know that in the hands of Snyder and Nolan, he won't; it's just not Superman.

The Beyonder is offline   Reply With Quote