View Single Post
Old
07-17-2012, 12:56 PM
Spongolium*
Potato Magician

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by hckyplayer8 View Post
Our front 5 didn't drag Bryz down the majority of the time.

It was quite the opposite.

Funny how he played March just fine with the exact same team in front of him.
I will never say that Bryzgalov was not poor during the first half of the season. But I personally believe that he just gave up playing once the defense gave up on him. It was quite shocking just how bad we were. I would go back and point it out, but I can't be bothered.

I remember several instances of both defensemen sitting 10 out in front of the net, when the puck was in behind Bryz. I also remember Bryz fending off Stamkos behind the net, while trying to block a pass to st Louis in front all alone. That was the time when instead of blasting Bryz for giving up on the play, I actually sympathized with what he was putting up with.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coutsiephan View Post
Does anybody know if Bryz is still overweight/fat/too muscular? That was the claim by one of the posters on here who said dumbass McCrossin told him to put on more mass which limited his lateral mobility etc. or so it is suspected.

If we go into lockout he may have more time to shed it like Luke Schenn supposedly needs to do or just get even fatter...
It was quoted by 3 reputable media outlets if I remember correctly. Bryz did come into camp significantly heavier than he had been in previous years too. He's always been a large goaltender, but not that big. I would guess that when he was benched around the outdoor game and all-star game, it gave him a little time to drop some weight.