View Single Post
Old
07-17-2012, 01:25 PM
GoneFullHolmgren
def. hockey FAIL

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrinkFightFlyers View Post
Couldn't agree with more with the last part. He wasn't good enough. But like all things around here, every goal is overreacted to. I don't know what it is like on other boards because I don't really read them, but here it seems that no goalie has ever let in a goal that was not his fault and those who suggest defense or screens or deflections or anything are simply drinking the kool-aid and have on the Homer blinders. He sucked last year, for the most part, but he was also very unlucky and the victim of very poor defense.

Yeah, it's this disease that infects goalies where nothing they can do is adequate. Wins are products of defense. Losses are products of poor goalie play.
there is overreaction on both ends of the spectrum no matter who is goal. It doesnt matter if its Boucher,Leighton,Bryzgalov or whoever. you have people who overreact to every goal allowed and you have the people who go out of their way to defend the goalie and say its not their fault even if a goal is allowed from center ice.
I dont blame people for reacting to the 2nd part. how many games did the Flyers lose last year when the team scored 4 goals. Probably fair to say it was as much or close to the rest of the league combined. or at least it seemed like it.

GoneFullHolmgren is offline   Reply With Quote