View Single Post
Old
07-17-2012, 02:51 PM
Bleed Ranger Blue

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYR Boyler87 View Post
I think, had Thomas shown he was physically ready, Thomas would have been in the NHL last season. Torts has mentioned him by name before and he has been quoted as saying he was "intrigued" or something along those lines by his skillset. He knows the team needs to infuse skill and goal scoring. They may seriously take a look at adding him this season and bringing him along slowly IF he proves he is ready physically.

I don't think it is a matter of if Thomas will make the NHL. For me, it is just a matter of when. His hockey IQ is very high and he knows how to score goals. His shot is dynamic and he is isn't so overly soft that he will be a liability as he gets stronger. Underrated prospect.
I respectfully disagree. If I was a betting man, I would bet against Christian Thomas making any sort of significant impact in the NHL on a consistent basis.

Physical shortcomings are difficult to overcome, and all of his attributes you listed were against junior hockey competition. Different scenarios and physical prowess entirely, but it harkens me back to those who used to fawn over Evgeny Grachev's junior numbers.

We'll see how he does in the AHL.