View Single Post
Old
12-01-2003, 10:10 PM
Cerebral

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by londberg21
It seems almost every proposal has Horcoff going out, and I'm just trying to figure out why. Is it just that you guys don't like him, or is he really supposed to be a good player? I'm not trying to be smart, so don't take it the wrong way, I'm just asking for someone to explain to me a little further. I'm totally unbiased towards any of the teams in the bidding (since the Wings aren't touching him), but would see no reason the Preds would give up two of their top players for Comrie and some spare parts. Granted, Laraque is solid, and they could use him, but he's in no way worth giving up Hammy, IMO.
Supposedly K-Lowe was trying to move Comrie last year to move up in the draft and pick one of the big three d-men.. Nashville asked for Horcoff to be included in a deal and Edmonton backed out is how the story goes. Horcoff had a really strong playoffs last year (one of the few Oilers to do so) and played great in the World Championships. A lot of fans were expecting him to "bust" out this season but he has yet to do so.. despite this fact, his play hasn't been as terrible as a lot of people on these boards have claimed. I believe Horcy is simply suffering from being placed in the wrong role on the team.. he has looked pretty decent the last few games paired up with Laraque. Look for his play to improve as the season wears on (it can only go up..)