View Single Post
Old
07-17-2012, 06:11 PM
Anisimovs AK

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruise Bros 2426 View Post
I wouldn't go that far. Detroit will be a little meaner with Smith up full time and Tootoo running around, but I wouldn't quite say we'd be able to outmatch Columbus physically.

Like you said about Dorsett, Abdelkader has heart, but he's not scaring anyone. He did well against Max Lapierre last year, but overall he is not a good fighter at this point. He is still young, though. Also, Abby isn't physical on a regular basis. If he plays on the wing, I'm hoping we'll see him throwing his weight around more often. Dorsett is far more physical. Ericsson shows flashes of a mean streak, but we've yet to see anything significant. Just lacks the killer instinct, I guess. He'll fight a couple times a year, otherwise he is not very physical.

Keep in mind that we're still looking for a bottom pairing defenseman. If we pull in Jim Vandermeer, then I think we could say we're near Columbus in terms of toughness.
I think he's point is fairly correct though. On paper the Jackets look like a tough team, but like 40 of the 55 fights (thats seems to be around what we average a season) are done by two players. Yes, Wiz(tbh, He might be the best fighter on the team) but he probably wont fight that often, due to him being on the first d-pair. Jack Johnson...i think he's more of a pseudo tough guy, along the lines of he'll throw, but only if its a guy his size(or Gabriel Landeskog). Tyutin is a punching bag the 2 times a year he does drop em. Basically we're a tough team, but only in the bottom six, and the Jackets tough guys aren't necessarily a deterrent to begin with(especially last year).

Anisimovs AK is offline   Reply With Quote