View Single Post
Old
07-17-2012, 07:26 PM
glovesave_35
Name

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigG44 View Post
My issue was more with the snotty comment to HullFan though than to the likelihood of Ryder being traded.
Regular knight in shining armour.

I guess I should have used a winky face emoticon or something to note the lighthearted nature of my post. Of all the posters here to be lecturing on tact you're not exactly in my top 10 but hey, whatever makes you feel better.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigG44 View Post
Furthermore ... it's not one example. Mike Ribeiro is a more useful piece than Cody Eakin right this moment.
Not an in-season trade.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ambassador Of Fun View Post
Yeah, I thought that was amusing too.

Grossman was having a down year and we managed to get a 2nd and 3rd round pick. A useful but not great defensive defenseman isn't the same as a goal-scoring winger. This one example notwithstanding, I will be shocked if any of our prospects makes any of the veterans "available." If anything they will just make the team deeper for the stretch run.

The point being that the Grossman trade wasn't going to really effect the team's ability to make the playoffs; trading a productive scoring winger just because you have another productive scoring winger would negatively impact the team's ability to compete for/in the playoffs.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

My choice for top prospect is Chiasson, although this spot is more up for debate than in many recent years. Piqued pretty much nailed all the reasons why on the first page and I agree with pretty much everything he said.

glovesave_35 is offline   Reply With Quote