Old
07-17-2012, 06:41 PM
Giroux tha Damaja

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Giroux tha Damaja
Quote:
Originally Posted by CSKA1974 View Post
This is a bold statement, Dr. Freud.

He is SC (i know, as a bakup) and WC winner, who played at the highest levels of competitions.

But talking about attitude, should you, perhaps, be more positive before the season start; and, may be (just may be), let the guy who has a history of playng well prove himself before you label him as a total failure.
I have been very critical of him and will be if needs be, but for right now he is # 1 goalie on my favorite team. He deserves a clean slate to start the season. And, by the way, he was not the reason that NJ eliminated Flyers in 5 games- you should put this criticism where it belongs.
Cosigned, all of it.

Bryz kept the Flyers in games for a few periods they deserved to be out of in the NJ series. He is clearly an odd duck, but he also candidly mentions his obligation to perform up to the contract he asked for, and doesn't enjoy struggling. He struggled last year and it bothered him and he has no filter...he tells you what's on his mind. So what if his mind is a little different.

People talk about his lack of confidence or fragility. Every goalie, every one, has the same thoughts he vocalized last year. They're just smart enough to lie about it and put on a good front. Bryzgalov needs a better poker face, but I don't think his confidence is any more fragile than the next goalies, except for some of the super arrogant guys who's confidence is not derived from reality.

Giroux tha Damaja is offline   Reply With Quote