Old
07-17-2012, 07:25 PM
The Zetterberg Era
Nyquist Explosion!

vCash: 515
Quote:
Originally Posted by sepster View Post
http://www.freep.com/article/2012071...r-Kyle-Quincey

Made a favorable impression on Babcock during the World's?? What has been going on the past 3 seasons where Babcock has watch him play everyday?

Why when Wings go off to the international tourneys they tend to have really, really good performances? Rafalski was the best DMan in the last Olympics. Kronwall was the best DMan in the '06 Worlds. Datsyuk, Franzen and Z had pretty good Worlds this past summer.

Maybe they perform better not playing for Babcock? Maybe they like not getting their lines juggled every two shifts? Maybe they're just surrounded by a deeper and more balanced team?

I just find it funny that Abdelkader had to go play for a different coach outside of the Wings system for Babcock to gain a favorable impression for him.
I am a little miffed at these comments too. So i can guess that Babcock was really impressed with Brunner and Gator. Well if that is the case why isn't he pimping Tatar as a favorite to make the team, he was much more impressive than those two in my opinion. Just mystifying.