View Single Post
Old
07-17-2012, 07:47 PM
Brick Top
I love goooold!

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by garry1221 View Post

This is the biggest question spinning in my head. We signed 3 depth players while going after the biggest FA's. To me, it showed that Holland was hedging his bets in case Plan A fell through, we'd have the warm bodies to pull off a trade or two. This is why it's so hard for me to believe the quotes where Kenny says he's happy with the team and doesn't plan on making any more moves. Things just don't add up.
Well, our vast array of bottom 6 forwards are certainly warm bodies, but unless another GM buys into Kenny sending quantity their way in return for quality our way, I don't see it helping very much. He'll still have to move a guy like Flip plus said warm body or 2 and a prospect to get someone who can actually help us.

OR... maybe he's planning for a WWF Royal Rumble-style showdown at training camp to see who wins the coveted bottom six gigs. I could probably spend the better part of a day coming up with wrestlers that remind me of each Wing player, too And then it's obviously a "Loser leaves town" situation for the guys who don't nail down the spots on the NHL roster. This could actually be fun.