View Single Post
Old
07-17-2012, 09:28 PM
newfy

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaster View Post
As a 4th-line winger, I like Abdelkader. As a 4th-line center, I don't really like Abdelkader, but I can grit my teeth and get along with it. Anything above the 4th-line? Abdelkader sucks. He has no offense, mediocre defense, and takes dumb penalties. He's an energy guy who hits, though not hard, and knows his way around the center position to a point. If he's playing over 12 minutes a game, he's being overused.
I kinda agree with this. At wing I think everyone will agree hes much more effective. His offense on the fourth line was pretty good though. He only had 2 less points than Miller who played on the third line most of the year. Abby was stuck playing on a line with Homer and Emmerton and still put up 22 points.

For a guy on that bad of a line those are pretty solid numbers. Not a lot of fourth liners get much more than that. I wouldnt want to see him playing over 12 minutes a night really either.

But I kinda disagree on not hitting hard. Hes definitely had his fair share of big hits and for some reason people choose to ignore them, even though the wings are softer than baby **** and hes the only consistent hitter. He's not the biggest hitter in the league, but most would call him a pretty big hitter. I'm willing to post lots of video evidence of this as well

He also has the balls to drop the gloves which no one else really does either, even though he doesnt do great he can still be a guy to help handle the pests of the league