Old
07-18-2012, 12:25 AM
CrazedZooChimp
Not enough guts

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to CrazedZooChimp
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pinkfloyd View Post
It just depends on who you talk to. I feel he is good enough to win a Cup. The problem with a cap league is sometimes you have to make hard decisions like this. Nabokov is definitely worth the 5 million but the team needed to use that money towards the players up front more than goaltending. There is more importance in funding your forwards and defensemen and creating depth there than it is in having good and well-paid goaltending.
Agreed, I think he could have won a cup, and I think he was better than Nemo, but I that much invested in a goalie was too much for this team. If he would have re-signed for 3 or less, I think we should have kept him (and he might have, I also got the impression Doug decided we needed a change before negotiating). Of course, I also think that would have been a good idea because I expect/hope Stalock or Sateri will take over in the near future, and having a Nabby who is getting older would have allowed for a perfect transition to the future goalie. With Niemi, not clear how we're make the transition as easily.

Plus, Nabby was the funniest guy on the team, so he was nice to have around.

CrazedZooChimp is offline   Reply With Quote