Old
07-18-2012, 01:12 AM
Sydor25
LA Kings

vCash: 500
Send a message via ICQ to Sydor25
Quote:
Originally Posted by Black1963 View Post
I hope this is the year Hickey makes it to the nhl.
Quote:
Don't dismiss the notion of Martinez possibly getting traded. Although, still early in his nhl career, AM has value as a top 4 dman. Such a move can help Hickey land a spot alongside Greene. Hickey much like AM also shoots left.
Quote:
It's a tough call as both Hickey and 44DD are both undervalued imo. That is why I've suggested trading away Martinez instead but perhaps, that's not the best of ideas either.

Hickey was nhl ready last year and I expect him to be that much better this year. Even if he did perform well, there's still no room for him unfortunately unless there's a roster move made.
Quote:
You ever think about being a politician? I've already mentioned that perhaps trading away Martinez wasn't the best of ideas, but like a true politician, you only see what you want to see.

Just in this thread you said Hickey is ready (implying that Martinez is expendable) and specifically suggested trading Martinez and then threw out a little "perhaps" at the end. Who is the politician?

Quote:
Bottom line is, we have too much depth on defense and guys like Hickey, Drewiske and perhaps even Muzzin who are all nhl ready will continue to have to wait for their turns unfortunately.
That is what championship teams do. You keep the pipeline full of prospects that are NHL caliber players and you use them when needed and you lose them when they aren't needed. You can't keep everyone, especially when you return the entire Stanley Cup Championship roster and are the third youngest team in the entire NHL.

Sydor25 is offline   Reply With Quote