View Single Post
Old
07-18-2012, 07:27 AM
IceCapsNation

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by garret9 View Post
I'm kinda interested to see what the lines will look like next year for St Johns...
Most likely 1 or both of Machecek and Cormier (my gamble is Cormier will be down since he still has waiver elgibility)...
Many D comming in with Sol, Chariot, Melchiori, Redmond all looking for roles/bigger roles...
Telegin will be coming in and could be a great match with Klingberg...

I didn't follow St John's until the Jet's were out last season but that will be different this year for sure!
I find all the Klingberg talk very interesting.

Last season in St. John's Klingberg started out well. Once he was sent back from Winnipeg Klingberg dissapeared. Became predictable, north to south game take the puck, skate down along the boards. Attempt to drive to the net, take a shot at the goalies pads. It became to the point where fans were essentially begging for him to get benched and spend some time in the stands. Subsequently he did eventually.

St. John's (fan base) is really hoping for more to his game this year. IMHO Eric O'Dell jumped leaps and bounds over Klingberg when he was given the opporunity to play on the top 2 lines. Klingberg also had those opportunites on numerous occasions but always found himself falling back to the 3rd and sometimes 4th.

Eric O'Dell is one player I'm expecting big things from. Here's my ranking as far as expectations go:

Redmond
O'Dell
Klingberg
O'Neill
Cormier
Gregoire

I have Cormier lower, merely because he played fantastic last year and I fully expect him to do the same this year. For me personally, Redmond has the highest expectations for the season due to the losses of Postma, Kulda, and the potential loss of Festerling. O'Dell is second, due to his incredible play last season when he was called upon. Really need him to step up this year with Machacek more then likely being in Jet land. Klingberg for me needs to to round his game out more. The way he plays in St. John's I see nothing more than a 4th-3rd liner in the NHL good for 10 goals. O'Niell will step up big on D and fill more of a Desantis role on the Power Play. Gregoire doesn't really stick out in my mind, but s a returning player should have to leave some sort of an impression on the fan base by the end of the year.

IceCapsNation is offline   Reply With Quote