View Single Post
Old
07-18-2012, 07:48 AM
TUCKER 06

vCash: 500
This is just my opinion, but I'd stick it out.

Just buckle down and try to work within his expectations. You may find it to be tough as hell, but you will most likely come out the other end a better goalie for it.

Who knows, you may impress the coach with your work ethic if you just put your head down and work even harder.

We've all been in a similar situation when starting to play hockey. You give it your all for an hour session and your muscles just scream at you and you want to give up, pack it in, and call it a night.

I understand that your fitness level isn't where you'd like it to be, and that will come in time (and as another poster said, 1 ice time a week isn't doing you any favors). But my opinion is that you should never quit in the middle of a session. Don't act like you need special treatment or make it melodramatic when you get tired, and don't constantly ask for breaks.

If your legs get weak and you end up on your ass, then it is what it is. Don't be embarassed. Just get up, take a drink of water and a few breathes and get back into it. You'll sleep well at night and feel great the next day.

Sure his expectations may be set pretty high for a new goalie, but I don't think you should be quitting.

TUCKER 06 is offline   Reply With Quote