View Single Post
Old
07-18-2012, 10:17 AM
Leaf Rocket
Leaf Fan Till I Die

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ForSpareParts View Post
I just don't see Ashton as a country mile ahead of Deschamps. I sure hope ND gets his shot on the 3rd line this season. I can guarantee that he'll do better than 0 points and -10 in 15 games.
There more to a game than just numbers and stats.

Ashton has a lot of untapped offense in him more so than Deschamps can probably imagine. When Ashton was traded the core for the marlies and the leafs were set so basically he was in the outside looking in both teams. He did a hell of a job impressing with the big team showing he does have the soft hands, while physically and defensively he is ready.

Ashton started to actually sparkle towards the end when he found the chemistry and comfort zone with the team and colborne specifically on the ice. It was very much present in his playoff games as well. Between ashton and deschamp, one has the potential to be a top liner while the other has the makings of 2nd to 3rd liner. Ashton being ofc the one with the top line potential, this is idealistically speaking. Deschamps is the second coming of a Clarke Macarthur but with more of an edge and two way game. He has the potential to be a good second - third liner idealistically. If Ashton doesn't hit that ceiling he still be a solid player in the second and third liner due the intangibles he brings to the game.