Thread: Movies: Man of Steel
View Single Post
Old
07-18-2012, 11:05 AM
BlackStar

vCash: 500
Billionaire Bot, you have every right to not be a Superman fan. However, if you are going to critisize him, know what you are talking about dude.

Quote:
But mostly it's the fact that there's never really any element of danger. Even when he dies he doesn't die.
I know what you mean, but you can do better than that. I know there are differences in weaknesses and power, but the reality is that what you said applies to EVERY single superhero.

Quote:
You always know there's absolutely no possibility he'll lose because he's a superhero smartphone. New problem? Don't worry, heretofore unknown power solves that. Kryptonite? No worries, he'll inexplicably be ok. Even trying to just read the Wikipedia page is baffling. Never mind traveling back in time by spinning the world the wrong way, whatever kind of sense that makes...
An incredibly uneducated post. That's like me saying Batman is ridiculous because sometimes he goes surfing wearing shorts over his batman costume (1960s Batman series). I hate hate that stupid scene (the spinning around the world to go back in time scene). But guess what? It's not a real Superman power. Donner foolishly gave him that power, that's the only time Superman was given that ability, even in the comics.

Quote:
Superman is utterly unstoppable, and yet he still manages to get smacked around every now and then.
Far from the truth. Darkseid, Braniac, Metallo, Doomsday, Mongul, Zod, and Bizzaro, to name a few, can most definitely beat him (some have done just that).

Batman sopmetimes fights villains he should have no business fighting. He's fought some of the most powerful villains in the DC universe and come out on top. These are super-powered mean aliens! Yet, this man in a bat costume wins the fights! I love the Batman character( I'm a DC fan after-all), but I know that's ridiculous. Yet, no one complains about that. And I understand why, it's COMICS. Ofcourse some/most of it isn't going to be realistic. Yet people continue to forget that when it comes to Superman. Weird.

Again, you are more than free to dislike Superman. But you seemingly know very little about the character dude.

Last edited by BlackStar: 07-18-2012 at 11:10 AM.
BlackStar is offline   Reply With Quote