View Single Post
Old
07-18-2012, 12:05 PM
TUCKER 06

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ganave View Post
No worries, all opinions are helpful.

There's a small goalie clinic at a different rink with a different league (StinkySocks) once a week. I should hear from their goalie coach to make sure that they have a spot for a newbie. Huge upside is I can rent a small storage space near the rink so I can practice 2 to 3 times a week in full gear. Sucks to eat the money for the other league, but I'm in it for the long haul.
That's awesome. I wish you all the best in getting into the sport. We all know that it isn't the easiest sport to learn at a later stage in life, it's incredibly time consuming (if you genuinely want to get good at it - lots of work to do off ice, as well as on ice) and it isn't exactly cheap.

I personally don't think I have the guts to be a goalie, so I have to commend you for that choice right off the bat. Having pucks fly at me @ the speeds some of these guys can shoot as is enough for me to wet myself.

I didn't know people would be so touchy about my comment that you should stick it out, but if it truly is killing you as pelts seems to believe, then I guess you have reason to quit. Otherwise, that which doesn't kill you only makes you stronger.

TUCKER 06 is offline   Reply With Quote