View Single Post
07-18-2012, 12:19 PM
Fixed to Ruin
Come wit it now!
vCash: 50
As a goalie, i hated practices like this.

In my case, I had a new coach one year that would run practices with 30 min of skating to start. Then 30 min of whatever else.

When the second part comes around its difficult to perfect some techniques because your body is overtired.

Here's a quick story. One thing i struggled with in practice was when i was completely gassed from power skating my hands would start drop more towards my waist rather than being in the correct position.

The shooters kept picking the corners on me. I thought at first i was too deep in the net so I started playing the shooter more aggressively.

That caused me to be out of position when the shooter dished the puck off to a teammate.

I was really getting frustrated because I was getting beat with shots I would normally stop.

Luckily one of my teammate father's noticed the problem and then i was able to sort everything out.

I think maybe if you asked the coach to work you really hard at the end of practice it would be more beneficial for you. You can learn the techniques without having the extra 10 lbs of sweat soaked gear on you and you can have the physical capabilities to perfect your positioning/technique.

Then at the end if you do 1000x up and downs or side to side movements or hard skating then who cares because you are going off the ice afterwards anyways.

Fixed to Ruin is offline   Reply With Quote