View Single Post
Old
07-18-2012, 12:21 PM
pelts35.com

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by TUCKER 06 View Post
That's awesome. I wish you all the best in getting into the sport. We all know that it isn't the easiest sport to learn at a later stage in life, it's incredibly time consuming (if you genuinely want to get good at it - lots of work to do off ice, as well as on ice) and it isn't exactly cheap.

I personally don't think I have the guts to be a goalie, so I have to commend you for that choice right off the bat. Having pucks fly at me @ the speeds some of these guys can shoot as is enough for me to wet myself.

I didn't know people would be so touchy about my comment that you should stick it out, but if it truly is killing you as pelts seems to believe, then I guess you have reason to quit. Otherwise, that which doesn't kill you only makes you stronger.
The only reason why I think the drills are "killing" him is based on his comments

"After 30 or 40 pucks I have to call it. All of my muscles are screaming at me, I'm light-headed, and darkness is creeping up on the sides of my vision"

"After about 10 shooters I couldn't drop into the butterfly or shuffle. Lightheaded, nauseous, muscles locking up... I still stood in front of the net for another few shooters in my stance. I could hardly stay up."

I don't know how you can read those comments and say that he shouldn't take a break.

That said I think every player should put on goalie gear just once and experience a goalie workout, putting aside facing shots. The workout is completely different than a player workout not even taking into consideration the extra gear that we wear. After that workout then get in net and face some shots.

pelts35.com is offline   Reply With Quote