View Single Post
Old
07-18-2012, 12:48 PM
Iron Duke

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by RaiderDoug View Post
Why in the world would Doan sign for a rebuilding Preds team?

Let's face it, if Weber leaves and we commit to rebuild, the best thing this team could do is finish in the tank and land a guy like McKinnon.

Finishing in 10th does this team no good.

Take the young players you get from the Weber trade, hoard as many great picks as you can get (pawn off the Erats/Legwands/Fishers/Etc), keep your fingers crossed you can land a few dynamic talents in the and next thing you know, we might be the new Pittsburgh Penguins.

The biggest problem this team could face isn't being bad. It's not being bad enough, and not being good enough to be a contender.
The goal of any team should be to be as competitive as they can year in and year out. I hate seeing advocation of tanking for draft picks and 'mailing in' seasons. I am certainly naive on this point, but it goes completely against the spirit of competitive pro sports and is a giant middle finger to the fanbase that spends $ supporting this team. The willingness of the Kings organization to suck long enough to accrue higher draft picks and prospects was a major reason I could no longer support the team I'd fanatically followed my whole life. I sure hope, despite the chagrin to some parts of the fanbase, to never see this organization willingly take that kind of turn.

I find it...sad...with all the talk of loyalty, or lack thereof, on the parts of players (i.e. Suter), that people around here are content to dump some of the players that have shown genuine loyalty to this organization.

Iron Duke is offline   Reply With Quote