View Single Post
Old
07-18-2012, 02:19 PM
Mayor Bee
\/me_____you\/

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dougie27Seguin19 View Post
the bruins views on spooner are VERY high, i dont think there is any way they trade him

theres more of a chance of it being jared Knight, who is at this point at the sae skill level as spooner, but spooner has a higher upside offensively
Let's try something different....Krejci, Peverley, 2013 1st. Peverley has peaked at this point; his ceiling is basically like Antoine Vermette on the wing, with less finishing ability. 50-55 points, versatile.

Moving Krejci and Peverley would clear $8.5 million off the books, meaning that acquiring Nash would actually drop the Bruins' payroll slightly. It would also allow the chance for the following to happen:
1) Work Max Sauve into the lineup
2) Keep Jordan Caron in the NHL for the year
3) Give Spooner and Knight extended looks in the NHL

The other question is what to do with Tim Thomas. Is it possible that he sees the writing on the wall, that the team is planning on Rask and Khudobin being the tandem going forward, and that the whole "sit out for a year" is just a ploy to get moved somewhere? Boston would have $5 million in dead cap space. Columbus has both the space to accommodate him and also the ability to absorb the cap hit.

Perhaps throw Thomas in, with a conditional pick being tied to him playing X number of games in 2012-13. If he plays that number (let's call it 41), then no pick comes back to Columbus. If he doesn't, then Columbus would acquire some type of compensation for basically alleviating a cap headache for the Bruins and having nothing to show for it. The 2014 1st-rounder would be reasonable, but I can see something like a 2nd- and 4th-rounder being in play instead. If it weren't a 1st, it could also be taken in 2013 rather than 2014.

This also allows the Bruins to keep Hamilton in the fold, as well as the top forward prospects (Spooner, Knight, Khokhlachev).