View Single Post
Old
07-18-2012, 01:49 PM
montreal
Go Habs Go

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deaner View Post
The Good: Bozon is a pretty well-rounded player. He's an above-average skater and puck-handler who has the gritty element to his game with his speed to be a forechecking pest or effective along the boards. He also has the creativity to make plays on his own and control the puck. He's a pretty good finisher, as he has an above-average shot and arguably a plus one. Bozon gets back on defense well and also plays with a bit of an edge.

The Bad: Aside from needing to bulk up, Bozon doesn't have a clear weakness to his game other than he lacks true standout skills.

Sounds like he just described Alex Burrows, with a better shot. Hope Tim can develop into such a player. That would be awesome!

I really like Corey's list(s). By NO MEANS am I an expert, and for all these players, I have limited-to-no viewings, but I seem to value the same attributes he does. I voted for Collberg starting at #2 on our board and until he eventually got chosen by the majority. I find them to be especially helpful for fantasy purposes too!
I've heard diffferent, that Bozon isn't gritty, lacks strength, gets pushed off the puck easily and doesn't go into the dirty areas to score. He had a great year in the dub so we'll see what he can do over the next couple years.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Talks to Goalposts View Post
His explanation.
I can't believe any scout would have Avtsin ranked higher, I'd be surprised if any had him in our top 20 after such a disaster of a season (less points in more games played then his rookie year, wasn't able to do much of anything on the ice). But the good news is that if other NHL teams scouts have Avtsin ranked higher then 12th, perhaps he will have some trade value as a throw in for something.

montreal is offline   Reply With Quote