View Single Post
Old
07-18-2012, 02:13 PM
Iron Duke

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThirdManIn View Post
Aside from the fact that Erat has a NMC and Legwand has a NTC, why would we trade either? I guess I can see trying to move Legwand if we are getting a top line center (read: a center between than any of the ones we currently have), but Erat is one of the few legitimate top line wingers we have. Not only that, but the guy is exceptional in his own end. Erat plays the entire sheet of ice, and does so effectively. He is a consistent 50-60 point guy. Trading him creates another hole on a team that, believe it or not, still has very few.

I think a lot of people are preparing for a rebuild when we're a ways away from that.
In reality, it's kind of already underway. We were already one of the youngest teams in the league last season. Even if we were to 'rebuild,' we would need veteran roster players to ensure we don't get obliterated every night and to mentor the younger guys, which is a role that the likes of Fish, Legwand, Erat and Gill perfectly fill. Not all rebuilds need to start from rock bottom.

Iron Duke is offline   Reply With Quote