Thread: Cap floor teams
View Single Post
Old
07-18-2012, 05:17 PM
Miller Time

vCash: 500
if Doan leaves Phoenix, I could see them having interest in Gomez...

his cap hit means nothing to him, so as a 5M$ player for 2 years, it's still a risk, but a much smaller one than for a cap spending team.

He's played in defensively-tight systems before, so he shoulnd't have issues adapting to Tippet, Maloney was with the Rangers when they gave him that contract, so unless he was the lone voice of reason opposing Sather, there's possibly a positive connection there.

and really, after losing both Doan and Whitney, if the yotes have any hope of being a playoff team again, they need to add a player with some offensive ability. Obviously Gomez's last 2 seasons put his production potential in serious doubt, but the guy does have enough of a resume that a "change of scenery" argument certainly could be made.

factor in the bottom of the barrel UFA's still out there, and the reality that they wouldn't have to give up anything to get him, and Gomez to Phoenix makes a lot of sense.

aside from that, I could see several teams on that list being very interested in Bourque/Kaberle, even to the point of offering up a relatively decent asset in return.

bourque is tougher to move given how thin our top-9 winger group is, but if we can land either Semin/Doan, or if in camp the team decides that 2 of Leblanc/Geoffrion/Palushaj/Gallagher/? show enough to earn a spot ahead of Bourque, then moving him makes a ton of sense.

Kaberle I deal to the best offer, which might surprise us given the cap floor & roster needs of some of those teams.

really hope Bergie works some magic and gets all 3 of those contracts off the books, without taking any long-term bad $$ back... would make pushing for one of the potential 2013 UFA gems, either next summer or in trade this coming season, much much easier to do (Perry being the perfect target)

Miller Time is offline   Reply With Quote