Take your pick (Be The GM)
View Single Post
07-18-2012, 05:17 PM
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Spring Hill, TN
1. Re-sign Weber to a lifetime contract
2. Sign Semin to a 4-5 year deal
3. Sign Doan to a 3-4 year deal
4. Trade Blum and a pick to Calgary for JBo
5. Trade Wilson, and two of better prospects or one prospect/2nd round pick for Bobby Ryan
6. Sign Colavacchio to a 2 year deal as insurance
That's a lot of moves and people changing places. What it does though is gives us a solid top 4 in Weber, JBo, Klein and Josi. We could use combos of Weber/Jbo & Klein/Josi or swap Josi and JBo. It also allows Ellis to come along slowly with Gill and we have insurance in Colavacchio.
We give up a potential top 6 in Wilson but gain one in Ryan while gaining another one in Semin for nothing. Round that out with another top 6 power forward type in Doan who has leadership skills and all of a sudden, the rest of the guys who were probably a line to high to begin with now get bumped to the second and third lines. Even if we don't land Doan or Semin, we've upgraded significantly. I would say adding two of the three forwards is imperative though.
Heck, if we can't swing a deal for Ryan, keep Wilson and you add Doan and Semin and we gain a lot of depth up front. I could handle that.
View Public Profile
Find More Posts by glenngineer