View Single Post
Old
07-19-2012, 01:16 AM
AEM6729

vCash: 500
Feeling really sorry for myself right now...why does it have to suck so much to be a Preds fan?! Can ONE great thing come easily to us, ever?! Ugh.

The fact that we were actively trying to trade Weber prior to this offer sheet being dropped means one or both of the following:

1. We couldn't agree to a contract.
2. He doesn't want to be here.

I have a hard time believing we wouldn't offer him pretty much whatever he wanted contract-wise. If you're Weber, and you believe this summer will be your last chance to sign a "lifetime" term, front-loaded contract due to CBA changes, then you have two options if you can't work out a contract with Nashville (or if you don't WANT to work out a contract with them):

1. Demand a trade. (He might have done this for all we know.)
2. Sign a huge offer sheet with a team you want to play for; if the Preds match, you can demand a trade in a year.

I'm sure we will match. Not matching would be a ****ing disaster...for the fans, for the team's reputation, everything. Four first-round picks from Philly aren't THAT valuable.

What bothers me more is what all this seems to mean: that Weber doesn't want to be here. Why else would we have been trying to trade him? **** us, man. Why doesn't anyone want to stay here?!