View Single Post
Old
07-19-2012, 01:33 AM
Paranoid Android
ERMAHGERD

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suter x 20 View Post
The more I'm reading and thinking about this, the more I keep thinking how maybe Holmgren felt he 'owed' a little something to Poile for Kimmo and Hartsy. Maybe Weber wasn't going to sign with Poile and Holmgren and Poile had this worked out so Poile can match and they'd call it even between them? Seems really possible, to me at least....The two are said to have a real good relationship so I don't see why Holmgren would tarnish that for this. And the fact that Poile can match and keep Weber for life after Poile said not matching Stevens OS was the biggest mistake of his life, I really think the two of them worked this out together....at least I hope.
This scenario is unlikely. If Weber didn't want to sign with Nashville then he would never have signed an offer sheet.

Here's my take: Weber wanted to re-sign in Nashville, but Poile was being cheap. This forces Poile's hand and he now can't be tempted to trade Weber.

If anything this is Holmgren giving some tough love to Poile.

Of course I'll look like a fool if Poile doesn't match but to me this is such a no brainer.