View Single Post
Old
07-19-2012, 03:02 AM
tsanuri

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Telos View Post
I think the Flyers messed up again. If I were a true Flyers fan, I would be calling for Homer's resignation. The Pronger contract, the Bryz contract, and now the Weber offer sheet? These people are literally some of the dumbest tacticians when it comes to contracts in the entire NHL. They are right up there with the Islanders.

Well yeah, I know it is a home run for him financially, and if I were in his position, I'd have done the same, but it also means that he could be an Islander for the rest of his life. He cashed in his chips now and the best offer will decide his fate.
That also assumes he doesn't want to stay in Nashville. As far as the Flyers contracts they have more money than sense that is for sure. But I don't see this as a bad contract other than they basically know they are not going to get the prize. Would we really have complained if last year instead of 7 years @7 mil we had managed to get DD for 14 years@7.5? Since that is probably close to what this will work out to. But even if it is 8 mil considering how much salaries are growing, even with the new CBA looming, I can't see in 5 or 6 years 8 mil seeming like a bargain for someone like Weber.