View Single Post
Old
07-19-2012, 03:41 AM
Richie10

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Telos View Post
Given his recent track record with contracts and understanding the rules surrounding them, I would wager that Homer and company are actually dumb enough to not account for Nashville matching. Not to mention, by matching the offer sheet, a player cannot be dealt for a whole year. So they essentially just postponed the bidding war for a year, except now they have to compete against more teams because he is a signed commodity rather than a rental. Just blows my mind.
Which is exactly why I don't believe "Homer has gone full retard" is an adequate explanation. Possible? Sure, anything's possible. But the shrewd structure of the contract (26 million in cash in the first year, hence making it difficult for an internal budget strapped Nashville to match) suggests otherwise. I really don't think Nashville will match this.

The Flyers are now up against the cap and will likely shed salary. Hell, what about the possibility of a Simmonds for Bernier deal at this point? What if Bryzgalov is the salary that Homer is planning on moving to make room for Weber? Unlikely, sure, but all bets are off at this point.