View Single Post
Old
07-19-2012, 03:28 AM
Mr Writer

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by UsernameWasTaken View Post
why do you think that Stamkos-Crosby-Giroux is a "no brainer" of a line? I think Stamkos/Crosby would be a horrible combination...you've got a pure goal scorer with a guy who loves nothing more than hogging the puck (and comes close to "generational" ability in doing so).

- you can take toews (who is guaranteed to make the team) right off the "checking unit" b/c that's just not going to work.

- no way that all of skinner, hall, seguin, rnh, benn make the team. this isn't the chl prospects game.

- neal won't make the team.
Have to agree with you there. Except I do think Neal is in the conversation...not sure if he makes it, but one of the TOP 3 Left Wingers in the game will at least get him some discussion. RNH doesn't make it, too young and too many centers ahead of him. Benn is a long shot. I don't like his skating on big ice, so unless he turns into a 50 goal scorer, he's a long shot. Hall and Seguin will be an interesting debate for sure. If they take both, I see Hall-Tavares-Eberle as a 3rd line. He's an interesting idea I think that has been floated out there... Darren Helm (great skater) Bergeron - Seguin. You know Babcock will want to take some players he trusts to play a role, and Helm is his guy.