07-19-2012, 04:39 AM
Paxon
⚔Z E M G U S⚔

vCash: 50
Send a message via AIM to Paxon
Quote:
Originally Posted by Luceni View Post
Good read.

I guess he will push hard for a spot on the roster to stay with the big club at training
camp. I think he or girgs have a good chance making the team if we cant sign any veteran center for the third line.

I'd love Grigs here on our third line and girgs down in a leading role in Rochester, if it's possible.

I'm also curious what they will do with Armia as well. He's looked close to NHL ready as well.

I think were in a good position. When was the last time we had 3 potential top 6 prospects with that talent level, who are all almost NHL ready?

The more interesting: What will happen to Adam?
They can't do anything with Armia, or at least won't. Technically he's under contract and they're merely loaning him out to Assat, but it's in his best interests. On top of that, he has to perform his military service at some point if he wants to remain a Finnish citizen without any hassles, and is set to do so over this summer so that he can be done with it before his season starts.

On top of that he's not exactly ready to kick down the door in the NHL and playing in Finland is infinitely better than having him play in the AHL for a guy who came up through the Finnish hockey system. Next year he'll come to North America for sure and he'll either make the team or start out in the AHL. Too early to speculate on that imo until we see how he progresses this season and what our roster situation ends up being then.

RE: Adam I think he's a winger in the NHL. I wouldn't be surprised if he makes the team this season as a center with minimized responsibilities like he did last year, but his NHL future is probably on the wing.

Paxon is offline   Reply With Quote