View Single Post
Old
07-19-2012, 08:22 AM
Neely2005
Grey Cup Champions

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Osprey View Post
I like how the poster shows a costume that appears to be made of chainmail. I hope that that's representative of how it'll look in the movie. One of the things that I've always found to be dumb about Superman is that he appears to wear simple fabric that, somehow, causes bullets to ricochet off of. I know that his superhuman-ness goes beyond his outfit (unlike Batman, who is a totally normal and mortal human), but it's still easier to accept him being bullet-proof if we can understand how he's bullet-proof. Also, a chainmail outfit implies that he's more mortal, and that's good for relatability and story. Finally, it just looks cooler than the Spandex look to Superman that we're used to.

I really am very sick of all of these movies based on comic books (which I'm a total non-fan, too) and wish that they'd go away, but, if Hollywood is going to make them, I can at least hope that they're watchable. This one will probably be watchable, considering that it's Nolan, and I do like the chainmail touch, so, we'll see.
Superman is bullet proof, IIRC the comics have mentioned that his suits don't get damaged while he's wearing them because his protective aura extends to anything that is in close contact with his skin.

Neely2005 is offline   Reply With Quote