View Single Post
Old
07-19-2012, 09:30 AM
codeman00

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by PredsHockey View Post
I'm SHOCKED that people are so negative on here (sarcasm off). If all this information is true, how is this a terrible thing? Look, we knew it was going to take a lot to keep him here, but no one knew HOW much. These trade winds on Weber were getting crazy on what teams were "offering." With the new CBA looming, a deal needed to be done. Poile, I'm assuming, entertained many avenues he could have taken with this. Yeah, he was probably taking a look at trading him, as he was looking to resign him as well. I can only imagine that Poile went up to see Weber and his agent and they wanted the best deal. I can only take his word and say he WANTS to stay in Nashville, and signing this offer sheet almost assumes that.

Polie already came out and said we would match any offer. Weber knew (and I thought I remember a quote) saying he knew Poile would match a deal. Weber/Flyers put his price out there, but at the same time, put Nashville in a great position. They can MATCH now. He kept his interest in mind obviously (as you should as a working man), but this plays to our advantage awesomely.I feel if he didnt want to sign here, he would have taken a 1 year and went UFA, but the CBA kinda nixed that. However, I find it hard pressed to believe this idea of signing an offer sheet was a "middle finger" to us or whatever most people on here are saying. I know losing Suter hurts and the way he did it seemed cruel, but Weber is cut from a different cloth. This guy can and is a leader and one of the best in the NHL. He is going to get paid, no question. We have the money, we have the technology (lol sorry...). This is good news people we are about to sign Mr. Weber for 14 years! Get excited!
Finally...a voice of reason!!!