View Single Post
Old
07-19-2012, 09:38 AM
Fleury4ever

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Habsrback View Post
The offer sheet is built to discourage Nashville from matching. He is gone no matter what. Nashville has the choice of matching and holding on to a disgruntled Weber for an entire year, hoping that he will play to the same level under those circumstances, plus paying out 25 mil before trading him, versus taking now four first round picks and saving 25 mil...what do you think that a team like Nashville will do? For the ones that think that he "played" the Flyers to secure his future, I don't think that he would have signed a fully front-loaded 14-year contract unless he wanted to leave, which would mean that yes he would be disgruntled for an entire year before being traded, if the Preds would choose to match.

I agree that they can possibly get more than four very late first draft picks, but will the potential difference be worth more than the 25 mil saved for them? I don't think so. They will not match and turn the page very quickly, and hope that the fans will forget about their unprecedented screwup this summer, which is losing 2 of the 5 best D-Men for 4 VERY LATE first round picks.

Like I have previously mentioned (yes sarcastically) that the way this management has performed since the end of the season (add the Radulov saga), I think that we may have found a home for Gomez...he will help them...hit the cap floor!

Sorry again for Nashville fans...you certainly deserved better than what you have been served this summer.
Why is Weber disgruntled? If he wanted to leave Nashville for sure, he should have done nothing at all and been a UFA next summer.

Signing an offer sheet is a good way to give himself at least a 50% chance of being a Predator for a decade. Not the best strategy if you want to get out of Nashville.