View Single Post
Old
07-19-2012, 11:01 AM
gallagt01

vCash: 500
The case for Corey Tropp

I've noticed the consensus around here is that Corey Tropp will likely start the year in Rochester after competing for a spot in camp. It's hard to argue against that - with so few roster spots available and so many bodies vying for them, it's not a crazy assumption to make.

However, based on his play last year, Ruff's praise of said play and Regier's vow of wanting to make the team tougher to play against, is it really all that unrealistic to think that Lindy will make room for Corey come September?

Obviously nothing will be handed to Tropp on a silver platter. He'll have to work hard if he plans on making the squad. That's his game, though. I'm convinced he'd go through a wall if it meant playing in the NHL next season.

During the Ott presser, Lindy named Ott, Tropp and Foligno as players that will make Buffalo more difficult to play against. He later specified that Ott, Tropp, Foligno, Kaleta and McCormick make Buffalo a tougher team.

I think there's more 'o' to his game than his time in Buffalo showed last year. He's a tireless worker and plays with an edge. Lindy even started relying on him in penalty kill situations later in the year. He likes the elements Tropp adds to the team.

With the news that Buffalo has an outstanding offer for Doan (and the unlikeliness that he'll actually sign it), is it that unrealistic to think that could be Tropp's spot come September?

This is by no means another "line combos" thread, but for the sake of it:

Vanek-Hodgson-Tropp
Foligno-Ennis-Stafford
Ott-Leino-Pominville
Gerbe-McCormick-Kaleta

With Scott as your spare and Ellis, Porter, Adam, Varone and Girgensons as your first call-up options.

gallagt01 is offline   Reply With Quote