View Single Post
Old
07-19-2012, 12:58 PM
BenchBrawl
joueur de hockey

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by seventieslord View Post
I'm seeing 1978-1982, personally. The three years he was in the NHL (two of them significant, one written off fairly as an adjustment year), and the two years prior in Finland, where he had his highest point totals. (I wouldn't consider age 32-33 in 1986 and 1987 among them; it's very doubtful he was as good then as he was when younger, just knowing what we know about all players of that era, and seeing how the competition level of these European leagues all seemed to drop off a bit starting then).

Not sure what 50 WHA points means (5th among WHA defensemen, surrounded by other D-men on the list who were never offensive NHL threats), and not sure what his seemingly decent 1983, 1984, and 1985 seasons in Finland translate to. (in 1973 he scored 23 goals to 12 assists and was 19, so I'm not sure he was a defenseman)
Since he was coming off a 68 pts season in the NHL , is it that hard to think those finland season were actually played at a pretty high level by rautakallio , especially given his age? (from 29 to 33 years old). They were all very similar in production , very close to a PPG.