View Single Post
Old
07-19-2012, 01:04 PM
dimi78

vCash: 500
[QUOTE=delirium trigger;52706961]Well he didn't help the lightning much, and on paper they are better than us. I don't think adding stamkos makes us a contender, just as much as adding kessel did. There would have to be upgrades around him and room left in the budget for them. He would be a huge step in the right direction tho.[/QUOTE]

He would appease the masses of who think star forwards carry teams to the playoffs and championships etc... Stamkos and Tampa right now are perfect examples that star players are just pieces to the puzzle no different than that 3rd line checker you send out to do a job.

Did Tampa make the playoffs this past year with all that fire power and Stamkos having the best season of his career with 60 goals. Didn't get them the wins they needed so who really cares what he did when the goaltending was just as bad as the Leafs got we could see just how valuable Stamkos really is in the big picture to impact wins don't you think?

Philly has been inflating the market with the contracts they've been handing out and I'll say this much if Bryz doesn't bounce back even if Weber ends up there Philly wont do anything.

The NHL has turned into a goaltenders league without it I don't care what you have your not going anywhere.