View Single Post
Old
07-19-2012, 02:17 PM
IWD

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by zoA View Post
Realistic projections != potential. The point is that they have something that gives them a chance at becoming a top 6 player. How they progress along the way, that's still to be seen, but all of the prospects you listed have a chance at developing into a top 6 forward. I really hope Colborne has a good year, really need a prospect like him to develop well. Realistically I only see Kadri and Frattin becoming top 6 players, with a long shot from Biggs who I think has some serious work ethic and character, along with his size I think he'll play in the top 6 cause of the space he creates, riding shotgun to better players basically.
Biggs seems like he could be a boom-or-bust Lucic-like player. He's worth holding onto, regardless, I feel because of the rarity.

I'm also hoping for big things from Colborne. If he could move his way up the depth chart, I'd love to see him center a line between Kessel and Lupul. He's not skilled enough to be projected as a #1 center, but his size and board work would open up the ice for those two - he just needs to be as good as Bozak has been. He's not the big #1 center we want, but perhaps the next best thing - a big #2. I don't see any #1 centers openly available, so we may as well try to develop internally, and load up on the wings.

Kadri would be nicely insulated on the third between a pair of checkers. Frattin should be a player utilized defensively and in a sheltering physical role for developing that third line as a whole, and maybe a vet. I'd like to see Kulemin there too, but he's a defensive workhorse on the second-line.

IWD is offline   Reply With Quote