View Single Post
Old
07-19-2012, 03:01 PM
YP44

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lupes View Post
Hey all, Leafs fan here, I come in peace.

I have few questions regarding Jonathan Bernier, I hope u guys don't mind any of them if u will and I am not here to bash or get my hopes up on him possibly being a Leaf come next season.

But just talking Hypothethically, let's say we end up tarding up for Bernier for say Matt Frattin and 2nd in 2012, and becomes our starter by the start of the season.

Do u think he would be a significantly better upgrade than either Reimer/Scrivens?

Do u think he really has what it takes to be a true #1 G for a long haul?

do u think there is a greater chance he will likely be in a big market with tons of pressure like Toronto?

How would u compare his game and to which current NHL player would u compare him to?

Thanks for all the responses in advance and I am sure u guys have ton of them since u have known him for a long time.
I'm in Canada so I get the leafs shoved down my thoat, and yes I would rather Bernier as a #1 than scrivens or Reimer.
He definately has what it takes to be a #1 for a long time.
I am worried about him being able to thrive in Toronto where so much preasure is put on Goalies, and players. With him being so young he will have some struggles (like any elite goalie his age) most Leaf fans will understand that, however the corporate goofs at the games tend to be harsher. The one thing that says to me that he can is how he handled the spot light during the world juniors.
I'd compare him to Schnieder.

YP44 is online now   Reply With Quote