View Single Post
Old
04-21-2006, 10:45 AM
JrHockeyFan

vCash: 500
Good point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlie_Girl
I didn't see that penalty, but the game should have been over in the first OT period. Little was shoved/thrown into Shantz and the puck then went in. The goal was waved off, which brings up a couple of questions:

If the goal was waved off due to goaltender interference, why wasn't a penalty called? If there was no goaltender interference (and the lack of a penalty call pretty much supports this), why was the goal waved off?
I always wonder about how this stuff is handled. Your logic makes good sense, but apparently they do not use logic as part of the handling of these situations.

Somewhere along the line the pendulum has swung back the other way on crease contact. First we had ridiculous runs at the goalie. Then the even more ridiculous "toe in the crease" calls.

I think a lot of stuff to distract the goalie is being let go a bit too much. Everybody is doing it. Talk about illogic, when the goalie is roaming around behind the net, the slightest contact (even embellished stuff) draws a penalty. When he is "protected" by the crease he gets jostled like crazy, nothing.