View Single Post
Old
07-19-2012, 04:25 PM
Lafleurs Guy

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Habblues View Post
Ok, we`re getting off topic here. My poll was asking CAN he, does he have the potential to be better than Doughty ? I truely he can be, and if they would let him play his game offensively he will be. BUT would Don Cherry eat some crow and give credit where credit is due and show some Subban highlights ??? lol.....I bet not, but lets see.
On that basis... yes, absolutely he has the talent to do it. If you'd had asked it a different way say - Who will be the better offensive defenseman over the course of their careers, well then it would be a different story. I'm sure the poll wouldn't be as close at it is.

As for Subban's potential, I love it. And I totally get why other fan bases come in here and think we're a bunch of homers when this stuff gets written. But I've gotta say that in this case, I feel like PK is a special player with exceptional talent. He definitely has the potential to become one of the very best blueliners in the game and his offensive potential is fantastic. Maybe I am looking through rose coloured glasses but I've really enjoyed watching him develop. He hasn't accomplished what Doughty has but I don't think it's that crazy to think that he might become as good or better in the future. PK is a special talent and if he can keep his head on right, he'll have a special career.

Lafleurs Guy is offline   Reply With Quote