Old
07-19-2012, 10:54 PM
Killion
Global Moderator

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ganave View Post
Ended things amiably.
... Wow. Your opening post was to this old goalie an absolute shock. That youd be pushed to the verge of blackout, even at the professional levels let alone at 29 as a strictly recreational strictly for fun recreational pursuit I find absolutely appalling. Disgraceful. Lucky for that so called "Coach" your even tempered.

At anyrate, I played goal "back in the day" through Junior, however, upon entry level into the game itself at Tyke & Atom I played Left Wing and recreationally even after taking up the position of goalie in organized league play in Pee Wee, I always played out when playing pickup or shinny.

In order to build your core, stamina, skating skills (which you absolutely require as a goalie) & appreciation for what youll face in the net, Id recommend you try playing forward or defence for at least a season or more before strapping on the pads at all. Give you a much greater understanding of the game & overall hockey smarts while getting into shape. Therafter if your still keen, by all means go for it. I dont advocate nor do I believe its a good idea nor practice for anyone to enter the game as a Goalie, no matter what age. Start as a defenceman or a forward and then and only then thereafter regardless of whether you feel your a "natural goalie" or not & dont want to play out should you take up the position of netminder.

Killion is online now   Reply With Quote