View Single Post
Old
07-19-2012, 11:45 PM
Volica
150 lbs of Hockey

vCash: 550
Quote:
Originally Posted by tyflames View Post
Easier said than done, they don't just grow on trees and if there's ever one available the price is too steep for a lot of organizations, especially the flames given the fact we aren't exactly stock piled with grade A prospects and shouldn't be willing to throw our first round picks around.
Agreed... However, outside of last year, firsts were used to pickup marginal talent at best. I know it sucks losing out on a pick, but if it means we bite the bullet for one year (not this upcoming years draft, too deep to lose any picks), and lose out a first for a guy who can be our top line center going forward... I mean, I can live with that.

Bouwmeester might be the option to get one... And although it just opens up another hole, in Calgary it seems defence has always been able to muster up some talent, at one point we had bouw, Phaneuf and RR, all three were arguably top pair guys... Whereas jokinen was about as close to a first line center we've had since the Dallas trade.

There are, in my opinion, five or six first line centers that for the right price (not highway robbery) could be a member of calgary

Volica is online now   Reply With Quote