View Single Post
Old
07-20-2012, 06:45 AM
glenngineer

vCash: 500
Weber's agent and Dreger are morons. A guy signs an offer sheet and the things they say about that's the direction Weber wants to go are pretty stupid. They do realize that Nashville can match and he has to play for Nashville right? Even if Weber asked for a trade, Nashville could say, no, not going to do it, we have a 14 year contract and you're staying here whether you like it or not. They're assuming that Nashville 1, won't match or 2, match and then trade him after a year of service. Both are poor assumptions because if he truly wants to go to Philly, he should've just said to Poile, after Suter left I'd feel more comfortable playing in Philly, make it happen. Obviously Holmgren got jumpy or impatient and the OS was offered. Well, it may come back to bite Weber and his agent in the butt if they truly wanted out of Nashville.

Honestly, I hope we match it, especially if he wants out. If he truly a character guy, he'll be a solid leader but if he decides to be a punk, I will have no problem booing him either. Either way, this week is going to be interesting.